Friday, March 12, 2010

Horrible Blogger

Yep thats me. A horrible blogger. I've noticed in the few times I've tried to do this whole "blog" thing my resolution to blog follows with my resolution to lose weight, when I'm not trying at losing weight, I don't pay attention to keeping track, blogging etc.

I hit a huge goal today when I WI. I've been fighting for almost a year now to get below 200 lbs. Not always fighting as hard as I should be, but fighting. Getting down to 201 and then going back up again to 205/206, getting down and going up etc etc etc. I finally broke through the 200 mark today stepping on the scale to see 198.2 lbs!

I'm feeling very in control and program right now. I'm in the exercise groove, I'm in the healthy eating groove and I think this is the motivation I needed to keep it up. 200 was a huge mental block for me, but now seeing that getting below 200 is possible, well the skies the limit :)

In other news, after reading about the wonder that is Greek yogurt on other Halifax healthy living blogs, I broke down and bought some when I saw it at Sobeys yesterday. OMG! I'm a huge sour cream fan, like, could eat it with a spoon like yogurt, but I don't because that doesn't seem right, nor does Sour Cream have very many good nutrients or vitamins in it. Greek yogurt on the other hand, is packed full of protein, low in fat and has lots of good nutrients in it...and it tastes very much like full fat sour cream. I'm in love!

Its expensive for how much you get, so I'm sad to say that I don't think my grocery bill will ever be the same going forward. But yum!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Welcome back! And congrats on your milestone. I have been struggling with the same one for about the same amount of time and lately I have been hard on myself. I need to take a step back and look at this in perspective.

I hear you about the Greek yogurt. What I wonder, though, is if you have ever made yogurt cheese. Buy plain fat free (preferably organic or a kind that doesn't have gelatin) yogurt, line a strainer with some cheesecloth (or paper towel or coffee filter), put strainer over a bowl, cover entire thing with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The moisture will drip into the bowl and you will end up with yogurt cheese, which can have (depending on how long you let it strain) the consistency of sour cream or even cream cheese. It is wonderful. It doesn't have the same amount of protein at Greek yogurt but it is still low in fat and less costly. Worth the effort, IMNSHO.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents (for what little it's worth).

Great to see you back in blogland. I should do the same! LOL