Thursday, February 12, 2009

stress is good for something....

because I'm down 3 lbs this week. I'm not sure I should be happy about it, as its likely because I haven't been eating as much as I should be. Normally when life throws me curve balls, I overeat, this time around, not so much.

We've had a bit of a run of bad luck in our house over the past week. I'm not going to get into it here, however moneywise things are going to be really tight for the next little bit. I'm worried, however, I'm trying to keep positive that things will work themselves out. Since I had my "bad luck comes in threes" I went a bought a lotto ticket just in case some higher power wanted to make my good thing a lotto win!

Had some good news about one of the cars though. G's car was only 250.00 to fix, which was much better than expected. Mine went to the dealership and they told me that I needed a new fuel pump and quoted me 1050.00! OUCH! So because I couldn't afford that, I paid the diagnositic, and got it towed it to our mechanic in Lake Fletcher. He called yesterday -- 100.00 in parts and labor later, he replaced our fuel filter and all was well -- over a grand my ass!!

Needless to say there will be a call to O'Regans to tell them of their shoddy diagnostics.

Its been a busy week, however I'm off to bed. I've been sick with a cold for a week now -- getting really tired of all the sneezing and nose blowing I've got happening, so its time for another early night.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Ya, dealerships here really seem to soak you. I just got dinged for ball joints when I went in for my annual inspection at VW. I'm willing to bet if I'd gone to a smaller shop they wouldn't have failed...they were just loose, but because VW said they failed I couldn't leave the shop without fixing them. Lame-o.

Robyn said...

Sorry to hear things are stressful.

I've been feeling some stress lately as well, and unfortunately it hasn't had a positive affect on my weight loss. I had managed to gain 6.2 (lost 0.6 of it this week, as revealed by WI just a few short hours ago) - now I am working my way back down.

Hope you have a MUCH better go of things in the near future, though!

CrYs said...

hope things perk up for ya soon mon.. :) i just got over that same cold, took about a week and a half, but i feel pretty good now. xo

♥ Dee ♥ said...

And THAT's why a second opinion should always be had! Damn dealerships. *shakes fist in the air*