Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm Baaaaack :)

Alright so I'm back. As much as I wasn't the most interesting blogger in the world, blogging did help me to stay on track, and unfortunately as a result of being gone since April, I haven't been on track either.

I got lucky, I've pretty much maintained my weight, however maintaining does not equal weightloss, which is what I desparately need to do. Went to a wedding with FH last weekend to see my girlfriends from University (some of who I haven't seen in years). After viewing everyones pictures....well, it was shocking to say the least. Why is it you leave the house thinking you look like a hot mama, and then you get pictures back and realize that hot mama was not so much the case?

Its been a rough past few months as well, which hasn't helped things. FH has been unemployed since March, which means financially things are tight tight tight, and relationship wise things are a little hard. Its difficult to be the one who is working when you know your partner really really wants to be and isnt' having any luck getting work. FH has been putting out resume after resume and has had one interview in the 5 months he's been searching. So frustrating.

So, since we have no control over the work situation, nor over the money situation (well at least the amount of money) we realized we do have control over our health and fitness situation. We've started planning meals (bonus, it also helps bring down the grocery bill!) and eating out less, and we've also really started to get serious about exercise. Tonight for example I did my first Cross Fit Workout.

OMG.

It was painful. I only stopped working out an hour ago and my glutes and hip flexors are already screaming at me! We went up to Citadel Hill where a friend of ours does a weekly class. We drew exercises out of a bag of exercises and ended up doing the following:

50 x 4 flutter kicks (4 kicks = 1 rep)
40 push ups
30 squats
20 x 2 walking lunches (2 lunges = 1 rep)
10 rocking abs
run up to the top of Citadel Hill and down.

I'm going to be in pain tomorrow! But its good to be back.

3 comments:

farm girl. said...

welcome back! how you feelin' today?

Robyn said...

Good to see you back here! :)

Mon said...

Thanks for the welcome back ladies!
Farmgirl - I was feeling sore! so sore! It didn't go away till this weekend, however I guess that means I was doing something right!