Monday, August 10, 2009

Sparkpeople

I'm a long time Weightwatcher. 10 years long. I started this journey in 1999 with my mama and have been at it off and on since then. But you know what, I'm tired of points. I'm tired of wondering if a banana or a piece of cheese will put me over my points for the day so instead going for something less points and more processed. I'm bored of it really.

Last Tuesday I tried something new and started tracking my calories instead (which yes, I know is essentially the same thing, but its enough of a difference to keep me interested). I signed up for
Sparkpeople
and counted religiously Tuesday thru Friday. I was off the wagon on the weekend (so sue me!) which was filled with a Bachelorette party and dinner out here: Fiasco
Dinner was fabulous, but so not easy to count..so I decided to eat better on Sunday and get back to tracking today.

WI on Friday and was up 1.2, but I'm ok with that, because I know I've been making better choices and exercising more, but its going to likely take some time to see the movement on the scale as a result. I think what I'm liking best is the fact that I not only get a calorie count of my day, but I can also track different nutrients, so now I'm able to see how much fibre, protein, carbs, calcium, fat and iron I'm getting. Its pretty neat!

In othe news -- last weeks crossfit workout left me in pain until Saturday -- CRAZY! However that must mean it was doing something good, so I'm hopefully going back this week, provided I don't have to work my oncall shift at Job #2.

I'm doing this, and it feels good!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I think that as long as what you're doing is healthy and beneficial, then do what works for you!

I've gotten stuck in that mindset before of reaching for something processed over something natural and healthy for me, because the processed food item was lower in Points. Sometimes, when we're following the program, we can start to disengage our brain and not make the smart choice because we're relying on the math of Points only.

Good for you for making better choices! You can do it!!