Monday, September 22, 2008

Grocery Day....again

Wow, it seems like all we do it groceries. But not really, its just because I haven't posted in a week.

Yesterday was grocery day again. Lots of healthy food, as G and I had a long talk on the weekend about how unhealthy/unfit we've become. We are talking about weddings in the future, and neither of us wants to look back on our engagement/wedding pictures and regret how we look. So back on track we go (seems like this is a revolving door syndrome, but hopefully this time it sticks for more than a few days).

As it was the first day of fall today, I thought it fitting that I reset my weight tracker to reflect the exact amount I have to lose (seems like such a huge number right now, very scary). I always view September as more of a clean slate/new start than even the new year. I don't know why it is, but it feels like I should be recommitting right now. I weighed in this morning and saw number that I've never seen in my life, even before I joined weight watchers back in 1999. Thats enough to scare me.

This week is going to be a real challenge for the two of us as a couple being healthy. We went out for an after dinner walk on Sunday which was nice, but won't happen again until next week. I work 8 am - 8 pm all week and G is working nights, 8 pm - 3 am. So really, we won't be seeing each other except between the hours of 3 and 6...when we are both sleeping!

As a result I have meals set and am planning to be a slow cooking fool this week (I hate cooking when I get home at 8). That means G can eat before he leaves and set some aside for me. Since this is a schedule that will be happening every second week until December, slow cooking leaves leftovers for freezing during busy weeks as well! Yay.

Supper plans for the week:
Tuesday: Braised beef and rosemary pasta sauce over rotini
Large Green salad with goat cheese

Wednesday: Black Beans and smoked sausage
steamed brocolli
crusty rolls


Thursday: BBQ pulled beef sandwiches on focaccia rolls
corn on the cob
Large green salad


Friday - Leftovers!

I leave you with Grocery pictures for the week :)




Non Produce: black beans, Knor boxed soup - Red and Orange, chili powder, canned tomatoes, lite chez whiz (for G) Source Exotic yogurt (for G), Yoptimal Yogurt (for me), egg whites, lite jam, lite chedder cheese, tzatiki, oatmeal, lara bars, green tea, crystal lite, fat free pudding mix, skim milk




Fresh stuff: head of brocolli, jalapano peppers, red peppers, bananas, corn, organic baby spinach, organic baby greens, red delicious apples, green peppers, crusty rolls and foccacia rolls, baby bagette, mini bagels, raspberries

Hope everyones having a healthy start to the week :) And a wonderful first day of fall

No comments: