Thursday, November 20, 2008

205.8

I joined Weightwatchers at work today, and that was the number that was on the scale. I had prepared myself for much more, however it was still a shock to the system. I've been working myself toward this recommitment now for a few weeks, trying to cut back, make smarter choices etc in an effort to commit fully to things this time. I'm hoping to see a much smaller number by next weeks weigh in.

That being said, I did something today that I haven't done in many years on Weightwatchers. I made a HUGE pot of chili - white kidney beans, black beans, 3 kinds of peppers, corn, lean ground beef. My usual. Except my usual normally means throwing everything in the pot and gestimating the points per serving.

Not this time. Today I weighed and measured everything that went into the pot. I wrote down the nutritional information for all the ingrediants and I figured out the point values for each item, added it up and divided it out = 5.5 points per cup serving.

G is working nights this week which means leaving at 7 and I'm home at 7:30, so we're not seeing each other this week. But - he made dinner tonight. I gave him the recipe and wrote it out step by step (G is wonderful, but cooking is not his forte!) It was so nice to come home to a yummy meal. And what a good boyfriend he was, he measured out everything in the recipe and I ended up with a 5 point baked rigtoni dinner. Yay!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good for you for joining WW @ Work! I'm a big fan of meetings. They worked so well for me. How nice that your boyfriend followed a recipe. My husband seems to lack that skill. LOL

It sounds like you're off to a good start. It can only go down from here! Good for you.