Wednesday, November 19, 2008

snow..blech!

Its snowing out. It was supposed to go from snow to rain before this evening. NOPE! Its snowing hard, and the plows didn't come out until 8:30. Which made my drive home from the airport at 7:00 really fun.

I was smart and got my snow tires put on last week -- however they only put on 2 of 4 because the other 2 weren't good anymore. I haven't bought new ones yet, so driving with 2 snow tires on the back and 2 summers on the front (in a front wheel drive) was an experience. I was doing well until the hill right before Lower Sackville when I went off the road (almost).

Big thank you to the random guy from IMP (who I didn't get the name of!) who was the first driver after 20 minutes of me being stuck who stopped to help. He pushed me on my way again and followed me part way with his blinkers on just in case. Yay for good samaritans!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

That's my biggest fear!! I did that once back home...when I was fearless and would drive anywhere. Slid right into someone's front yard and it took like 1/2 hour for someone to stop and help me out.

That reminds me, I never did renew my CAA!

Mon said...

Its aweful. And its the one thing I dislike about working out at the airport. In the snow, its one LONG drive home!