Monday, November 17, 2008

yummy new sammie

I'm back :) Trip to YYC was great, and a day shorter than it was supposed to be, which was even better. AND I got upgraded to business class on the flight home, which was completely awesome!

Because things were cut short, I didn't get to the pool for the one night that I was there. By the time my boss and I got finished training, and headed back to the hotel, and checked in and ate dinner, the pool was closed. Boo :( But I think I managed to eat ok, ordered salad instead of a regular side with my meal, water to drink with dinner instead of wine. So I'm happy with how it went.

G and I had a laid back weekend. We got together with our upstairs neighbors and played Cranium on Friday night -- SOO much fun, I definitely want this game for Christmas. On Saturday I slept until 12:30 (ops!) and we had another couple over to watch the UFC fights (oh joys...catch the sarcasim?)

I tried a new idea for dinner on Saturday night, since we decided to eat at home instead of going out. When I was in Calgary, I had a reallly yummy quesidilla at Joey Tomatos, so I tried to replicate it at home - it was fantastic.

Spinach tortilla, with a small amount of pesto, goat cheese, BBQ chicken and roasted red peppers. Grilled on the stove until the cheese melts and gets all smooshy. YUM!

Dinners are planned for the week:
Tonight- WW crockpot sour cream salsa chicken
Tuesday: Crockpot black bean and smoked sausage
Wednesday: Baked Ziti
Thursday: Kickin Chicken and Rice
Friday -- who knows!

I start WW at work on Thursday and will be recommiting completley to writing down what I eat. I've been gearing up now for the past few days, but come Thursday I really need to buckle down and do this. 5 lbs by Christmas, thats my goal!

till next time

No comments: