Monday, January 5, 2009

And so it begins.....Day 1

So I made a committment and joined a challenge running from now until April - the Biggest Loser Blog Edition (BLBE) is something that I thought about the last time it was going on, but couldnt' quite get myself into the mindset. This time, I have no choice, I have to do this, for my health, for my happiness and for my wedding pictures (hehe, wedding pictures!)

So I've committed and I am raring to go. I weighed in this morning at 209.5lbs. After seeing that scary number, I jumped in with both feet (and then some) today and things seem to be going swimmingly so far.

G and I drug ourselves out of bed and hit the gym for 5:45 this morning. Being as I am NOT a morning person and believe that noone should have to get out of bed until at least 9:00am, this is a big accomplishment for me. Did 25 minutes of cardio and another 20 of light weights (trying to get back into the swing of things before I set up a full program).

I packed myself a healthy lunch to take to work yesterday evening so today went well food wise as well.

Today's Menu:
B: Weightwatchers english muffin, 1/4c southwest egg beaters, 1 slice lite cheese (4)
L: 2c baby spinach, 3.5 oz chicken breast, 7 rosemary croutons, 1/4 c of feta cheese and 2tbsp greek dressing (7), 1 c brocolli parmesan gardenay soup (1)
S: 1/2c blueberries, 1/2c cherry yogurt (1)
D: 1c blackbean and smoked sausage (9), slice french bread (3)
S: Turtle chocolate (3)

Total 28pts
Water: 3L

Off to pack up lunch for tomorrow and hit the sack -- early gym again tomorrow. Challenge goals will be posted tomorrow

1 comment:

Valorie Leonard said...

What a great start! Keep it up!