Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Exercise is my friend

Really it is. I'm sore, my butt feels numb, and I'm having trouble walking up and down stairs, but boys do I feel good about my committment to exercise this week! DBF and I woke up at 5:30 (ungodly hour that it is!) on Monday and hit a spin class. He is training cardio in order to do the beep test as part of his physical for the HRM Fire Department (still waiting to hear if he passed the board interview, *fingers crossed*) and thought it would be a good workout. I agreed, but boys do I hate spin class!

But we did it. 40 minutes later, and I hated every minute of it. But I have promised to go back once a week with him to keep us both doing something "different".

Started bootcamp this morning as well -- another wake up at 5:30 (soooo not a morning person!) But it was great. Scary seeing the measurements before we started the workout -- but as the instructor said, its a good starting point because I am SURE to see good results if I stick to it. Unlike for example, people with alot less to lose.

I really like the instructor for this camp - shes down 100lbs herself, and I find that really motivating. During this morning's workout she was talking and making jokes throughout which made the time pass really quickly, and she did alot of the exercises with us, which I really like. I feel like I "clicked" with her alot more than I did with my last bootcamp instructor.

First WI of the BLBE on Thursday at lunch. I have a really good feeling about it! But we shall see how it goes.

Keep up the good work everyone!

6 comments:

Psalmist said...

Yay for muscles! :o ) Good job with the bootcamp.

Laura said...

great job! I love that feeling of 'sweet pain' - my hamstrings are some sore right now...

farm girl. said...

okay. where in HRM are you doing bootcamp???

Mon said...

Nubody's Womans only in Clayton Park
It was 150.00 for members (210.00 for non members) twice a week for 6 weeks. Hour long class

farm girl. said...

sigh. i can't convince big j to join nubody's. someday!

CrYs said...

he's your DF now :)