Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm home!!

Yay! As much as I love the travel I get to do for my job (I enjoy it so much more than sitting at a desk doing administrative tasks...which is what happened all summer when our training schedule slowed down!) I really enjoy coming home as well.

Flew in from Montreal today and landed in Halifax this afternoon. I was supposed to work until 7:00 answering the phones for one of our union vacation bids, however the last bid came in at 6:15 so I was able to leave early. Which was great, because it meant I actually got to see G this evening before he left for work! Yay! He works nights and leaves at 7:00, when I work until 7:00 we never see each other (except when sleeping of course). Today I was home by 6:45 and we got some time together. Only 20 minutes, but it was 20 good minutes ;)

The other great part about coming home was that G was a great boyfriend and had put some stuff in the slowcooker, which meant that supper was ready and waiting for me when I got in the door. What a nice thing to come home to.

He was to cute - I had mentioned a few things he could toss in the slow cooker - chicken, corn, salsa. Thats fine, but he took it upon himself to spice things up a bit. He was so proud of himself.

So dinner tonight:
chicken
salsa
corn
can of black beans
brown and wild rice blend
spiced with lime juice and a 1/2 bottle of Keiths

I sprinkled it with PC Southwestern shredded cheese and a TBSP of lite sour cream. YUMMY! Definitely a make again. Since G doesn't cook much, when he does and it turns out well he gets all puffed up like a peacock about it. I tend to stroke the ego a little bit as well (mainly in the hopes that this keeps him in the kitchen more often!)

No comments: