Tuesday, October 7, 2008

scary comparison...

I had a huge shock today. You know, when you know that your heavy, and that you've gained weight and you know its a lot of weight. But at the same time, you still don't think you look as bad as you do? Yep, a picture a friend posted today kinda sent that whole theory crashing down as fast as the stock market has been...

I went to the wedding of a high school friend on labour day weekend. I bought a new outfit, and although I knew I was looking heavier than I wanted to, I still thought I was looking fabulous....not so much.

This is the picture she posted that caused me to totally go -- "whose that heavy girl....oh wait, thats me" (I am on the far left in the pink and brown flowered shirt)



I saw this picture, and I broke down in tears. I can't believe I've let myself get to this point. Particularly when 1.5 years ago I looked like this....


It was quite the wake up call, and really hit me....hard. I'm hoping this is what it will take so that I can stick with it and get back to where I was....hoping.
I can't believe I just posted that picture either for the world to see. I guess accountability at its finest.

In other news, I hit the gymbo today for the 2nd day in a row. 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the Precor later and I was feeling good. Not as good as I would have been had I not eaten all the candy I ate at work today. But hey, work in progress right?

I stopped by Chapters on the way home and picked up the second book in the Twlight Series (SOOO ADDICTED!) Is it wrong that I want to curl up in bed and start/finish reading this all tonight? I hope not, because that might be what I end up doing. G is working nights, which means little sleep for moi, and if I have a good book as well....well I just might be screwed in the sleep department tonight! I also picked up "The Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook". I've heard some really good things about this book on the WW board and other blogs. As I know most of my eating is emotionally driven, I'm hoping it will help to shed some light on why I do the things I do, and help me get some control over things.

Till next time
xo Mon

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Hi, I saw you on my followers list and glad I found you!

Good job on posting your photo. I know it's a toughie, but what a great first motivational step.

Laura said...

Oh, Mon! I'm sorry that happened but the best thing is that you are doing something about it. You are taking positive steps in your life to lead a healthier lifestyle and that's the best thing you can do!

I have a picture like that, too, and it led to my a-ha! moment to decide to turn my life around.