Wednesday, October 1, 2008

on a roll

Another day OP. 3 days in and I feel like I'm on a roll

Today went down like this:

Breakfast (5):
1 PC honey and oatmeal bagel
2 TBSP peanut butter and 1 tsp lite bosenberry jam

Snack (2)
2 Tootsie rolls

Lunch (10)
1 whole wheat pita
chicken and black bean taco filling
2 TBSP shredded nacho cheese
1 cup grapes

Dinner (7)
1 cup Melancauli baby soup
3 slices bagette
1/2 cup chocolate chapmans yogurt

Snacks: (7)
1/2 small package of gummi bears
2 girl guide mint cookies
1/2 cup red berry yoptimal yogurt
1/2 cup raspberries

I had a CRAZY sugar craving this afternoon, quite normal for me. What wasn't normal was that instead of going for the cinnamon bun, or the large bag of swedish berries or massive amounts of chocolate, I instead picked up a small bag of gummi bears and shared half with a friend (2 points instead of 4) and calculated the points for the girl guide cookies. I was quite proud of myself.

Tried something new for dinner tonight. Curried cauliflower soup with swiss cheese and whole grain rice in it. It was sooo yummy. I felt kind of bad, as I forgot that G doesn't really like thick and non brothy soups....ops!! as this was pureed and thick! He had a bowl, and ate it (but made a face) but then went back for another bowl, so I was quite proud of him :)

I'm feeling good about being back on track. First weigh in on Saturday and then I'm off to the cottage to see mom and dad for the weekend - that will be a challenge, but I think I'm up to it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That melancauli baby soup is delicious. I need to make that again sometime soon.

It looks like you had a good day and your planning for those snacks is a real victory. Congratulations!