Tuesday, October 21, 2008

what's this...two in one day?

Shocking I know.

As I said previously, G is working night shift tonight - which runs from 8:00 pm - 3:00 am, leaving me all by myself. Normally this means one of two things:
1. If my depression is not in check I crawl into bed, lonely and lacking motivation to do anything but eat ice cream and watch crappy tv
2. I am really really productive.

Tonight was a night of productivity. In my attempt to continue down the road of healthy eating I made these:



I marinated chicken in lemon juice, oregano, dill, balsamic vinagar, olive oil, honey and garlic. I kebob'd the chicken and BBQ till done. I'm pretty proud as they look really yummy - and I normally burn everything I BBQ (please pretend you don't see the burn marks on the chicken in the above picture!) I have one kebob packed in my lunch for tomorrow with a large salad. The rest should last until Friday for lunches (provided G doesn't find them first!)

As mentioned, I've packed myself a healthy lunch for tomorrow, full of fruits and veggies goodness! I didnt' realize how long it had been since I'd packed a lunch, until I opened up my lunch box --- EWWWWW! I forgot about a banana that I'd left in there, lets just say it fermented and leave it at that.

I also threw all the ingrediants in the slowcooker for "Stew Good to Be True" to cook tomorrow. All I have to do is turn it on tomorrow morning before leaving and it should be smelling yummy by the time I get home. I love my slow cooker.

The kitchen is clean and I've been so productive, I figured I deserved a small treat:



A small pour of dads homemade strawberry fruit wine (in my MASSIVE wine glasses)!

That being said, I think I'm off to bed with my wine and the last few chapters of my new Faye Kellerman book.

To that end, I leave you with a picture of the handsome man who keeps me company when G is working nights:



hehehe, what did you expect? Please excuse G's sneakers. Sully has a foot and shoe obsession (he is so my cat!)

No comments: