Tuesday, October 28, 2008

feelin groovy!

I'm feeling great, the past two days have been so on its not even funny. I'm eating well, I'm feeling good things are great. And according to the scale I'm down 1.4 pounds since I weighed in at the highest number I've ever seen a week ago! Yay!

We travelled to PEI this weekend to visit G's parents and to see our friends Ken and Shaunna and their little girl, our "neice" Jessie.

PEI is generally a real test for me in terms of healthy eating. G's mom owns two freezers, one of which is full to the brim with different kinds of sweets/squares and homemade carrot cakes. Shes also the type of person who feels the need to have desert with every meal, and doesn't have a great concept of portion control. I can't begin to count the number of times we've had this conversation

"Monica, don't you want more of INSERT FOOD HERE"
"no thanks G's mom, I'm pretty full"
"are you sure, you haven't eaten enough to be full"
"yes I'm sure, I'm fine"
"Oh come on, you've barely eaten anything, just have a little more"

And normally the result of this conversation? I give in and eat more. Blah! This weekend went well though. We flew over Saturday morning and back Sunday. The only big Challenge was we had Thanksgiving dinner while there (since we couldn't get back over Thanksgiving), but I took small portions and no seconds. I was pretty proud of myself. Willpower, you will be mine!

Food for today:
B: (5)
1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 TBSP brown sugar splenda, cinnamon
cup of coffee, 1/2 lite hot chocolate

L: (9)
2 cups baby spinach, 3 oz roasted chicken, 2 TBSP crumbled feta, 7 rosemary croutons, Renee's lite greek dressing
vanilla Stoneyfield Farms Yogurt

S: (2)
lime coconut shortbread
lemon shortbread

D: (13)
4 small soft tacos, 2 TBSP lite sour cream, 2 TBSP shredded cheese, 1/4 cup refried black beans

29/26 -- 3 flex used

Have a good one everyone, G and I are off to the Gym.

No comments: